“Rimfire Resources is committed to protecting your privacy.”
Our team is continually focused on providing you with the highest levels of customer service and professionalism. To this end, Rimfire Resources is pleased to formally align our internal policies and procedures regarding your privacy to those of The National Privacy Principles, established by the Privacy Act 1988.
From 21st December 2001, the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2001 sets out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information. In accordance with this legislation, the following “Collection Statement” details what kind of information we collect about you, how it will be used, whom we may disclose it to and how you may gain access to this information. We respect your need for confidentiality and, accordingly, no contact will be made with any third party without your clear authority. Confidentiality, communication and the utmost care remain the primary focus of the Rimfire Resources Team.
What is my “personal information”?
Personal information is any information or an opinion (whether true or not) about you. It may range from the very sensitive (e.g. medical history or condition) to the everyday (e.g. address and phone number). It would include the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placements. Personal information includes sensitive information.
What is “sensitive information”?
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information which cannot, in most cases, be disclosed without your consent. It is information or opinion about your:
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Political opinion
- Membership of a political association or religious beliefs, affiliations or philosophical beliefs
- Membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union
- Sexual preferences or practices
- Criminal record
- Health or disability (at any time)
- Expressed wishes about the future provision of health services.
Who will be collecting my personal and sensitive information”?
Rimfire Resources Pty Ltd will collect your personal and sensitive information for its own use and on behalf of other members of the Group who may require access to your personal and sensitive information in connection with your work placements.
How will my information be collected?
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you directly when you fill out and submit one of our online registration forms or any other information in connection with your application to us for registration. Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when:
- We receive any reference about you
- We receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body
- We receive the results of any competency or medical test
- We receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative)
- We receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace
- We receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved
- We receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved
- You provide us with any additional information about you.
What will my information be used for?
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- Your actual or possible work placement
- Your performance appraisals
- Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
- Our identification of your training needs
- Any workplace rehabilitation
- Our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information.
Who will my personal and sensitive information be disclosed to?
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to:
- Potential and actual employers and clients of Rimfire Resources Pty Ltd
- Other members of the Rimfire Resources Group
- Our insurers
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information
- A Workers Compensation body
- Our contractors and suppliers – e.g. our I.T. contractors and database designers
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
What happens if I do not supply the information requested?
If you do not give us the information we seek, however:
- We may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you
- We may be limited in our ability to place you in work.
Can I gain access to the information collected about me to correct it if it is wrong?
Subject to some exceptions, which are set out in the National Privacy Principles (Principle 6 – Access and Correction), you have a right to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold.
If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If we are unable to agree that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction, please contact us on the numbers below. In some cases we may impose a moderate charge for providing access to personal or sensitive information. We will not charge you simply because you lodge a request for access.
How can I contact Rimfire Resources?
If you wish to contact us about your personal or sensitive information, you should contact:
Ph: +61 7 3878 3411
Ph: +61 418 804 600